Good morning, iPad Lawyer Tribe –
I don’t usually write about techniques designed primarily for the iPhone. This is, after all, The iPad Lawyer blog. I’ve been getting so many questions about my iPhone Communicator, however, I decided to share what I’ve done with my own iPhone.
Okay . . . I admit that I’m a Trekker.
For those who might not already know, a Communicator is a (fictional) device used for voice communication on the Star Trek television and movie series. I wanted my own. Now you can have one, too, complete with Communicator lock screen, home screen, and “gold” password buttons. Here’s the technique –
• Download the Star Trek™ Communicator app ($.99): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-trek-communicator/id377296514
• Open the app. The closed Communicator screen will show.
• Take a screen shot of the closed screen image by holding down the home button (the round depression at the bottom of the iPhone) and the on/off button (the button at the top right of your iPhone) simultaneously. Then release them both and you will see a white flash. You’ve just taken a picture of the screen.
• Flip open the closed Communicator (by either swiping up or just flipping the phone upward). Now repeat the last step and take a screen shot of the “open” Communicator image.
• Go to your Photo Roll. Find the image of the closed Communicator. Go down to the bottom options and tap on “Use as Wallpaper.” Move and scale so it’s just right for you. Tap on “Set.” Tap on “Set as Lock Screen.”
• Go to your Photo Roll. Find the image of the open Communicator. Go down to the bottom options and tap on “Use as Wallpaper.” Move and scale so it’s just right for you. Tap on “Set.” Tap on “Set as Lock Screen.”
That’s it. Now, BEAM ME UP . . .
One final reminder . . . my FREE TELETRAINING specifically designed to show you some of my personal choices for iPad apps and help you master Apple’s magical little tablet is TONIGHT at 6pm Pacific. It’s called “Stop Losing Time and Money – MASTER Your iPad and Take Your Law Practice to THE NEXT LEVEL!”
You can read more about and SIGN-UP for this event here: https://theipadlawyer.wordpress.com/free-tele-training
That’s it for now. Live long and prosper! – Scott